Written by Shareware Rating on June 29th, 2009 in Utilities.
Pocket PC can mean an operating environment based on Microsoft’s Windows CE operating system (a variation of Microsoft Windows operating system for miniature computers and embedded systems) or a handheld device that runs a specific version of that OS. According to Microsoft, the Pocket PC is “”a handheld device that enables users to store and retrieve e-mail, contacts, appointments, play multimedia files, games, exchange text messages with MSN Messenger, browse the Web, and more
CE-Star is the Chinese/Japanese enabler software suite for Pocket PCs. It integrates Chinese/Japanese enabler, handwriting recognition and dictionary.
CE-Star Suite 2.8 R3c for PPC2003 features:
1. Optimized for Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition.
2. High resolution display (480×640 or 480×480) support.
3. Landscape mode support (allow user to switch Landscape and Portrait mode).
4. Uses Unicode Truetype font to display Chinese and Japanese text clearly.
5. Supports simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and Japanese both.
6. Simpler installation and uninstallation without manually tapping reset button.
The following are some questions in using Pocket PC?
Q: My desktop Windows can not read Chinese files created on Pocket PC.
A: For English Windows 2000/XP, please go Control Panel=> Regional and Language Settings=>Advanced, then change the setting in “Language for non-Unicode programs” to “Chinese (Taiwan)” or “Chinese (Hong Kong)” for Traditional Chinese, or “Chinese (PRC)” for Simplified Chinese.
Then press OK button apply the change. This change may ask you to restart your Windows.
Q:Why no response after tap CE-Star to launch it?
A: After you tapped the CE-Star icon in start menu or in Programs, it started then display a small icon on the right-bottom of the Today screen. Switch to Today screen, you will see the icon.
Q: Where’s my english quick input?
A: After install CE-Star onto your device and turn your device default system Language into Chinese, CE-Star also disable the original english IME by default. Because this IME will work incorrectly under Chinese environment in some special situations and cause the current application exited without saving current work document.
If you still need the english IME to speed up your English input, please use registry editor utility to change the registry:
1. Open the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Keyboard Layout\Preload\1
2. There’s two values under the key: “Default” and “Old”
3. Change the “Default”‘s value to the value of “Old”
4. Do soft-reset
Note: if you turn on the English IME again, we strongly recommend you only use CE-Star input panel and Handwriting recognition panel to input non-Chinese characters in Chinese document editing. Otherwise, you use other input panels to input symbol characters after input some Chinese characters will cause the application exiting.